Current Work-Birthday Angels

Recently a teacher placed an order for 6 small standing angels like this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/94267569/small-standing-angels

"I am preparing for a few birthdays I will be celebrating in my classroom. I love your work so much and was thinking of giving a few of the children either your small gnomes or lovely angels.  I am leaning more toward the angels because of what they symbolize."

She did indeed decide on angels and I gathered the materials.




Using a paper pattern that I made I cut out wings and garments from 100% white wool felt.


I enjoy using this variegated cotton perle from DMC.  It adds color and interest.  Organizing embroidery thread is a must or you end up with bunches of a tangled mess.  I roll the thread on flat, inexpensive paper spools sold in any craft store.


The peg doll bodies are about 2 inches tall and are from Casey Wood Products in Maine.  Their shipping is very fast!  I have a basket of wool roving bits that I use for hair. I have  accumulated it over the years from wet and needle felting projects.  I think A Child's Dream, Weir Crafts and The Silver Penny sells this.





I try to use every little bit of leftovers from other projects because high quality 100% wool felt is so expensive.  There is really nothing else like it-it's easy to work with, looks wonderful and I could not punch out designs on any other fabric.


I have several punches that I use on the garments.  Friskers makes heavy duty punches that are for paper use but also work on wool felt.



The customer requested a star motif. I have a number of these compartmentalized containers to organize my stash of charms, beads, brads, buttons, shells and other ephemera.  I get the charms from craft stores when they are on sale or with a coupon.



This gives you an idea of the 2 sizes of angels I make.  The larger angel is an ethnic angel I wrote about previously here: 

All the angel needs is hair.  The charm says "Follow your heart".


Linking up with:
Frontier Dreams-Keep Calm Craft On
Natural Suburbia-Creative Friday
Wisdom Begins In Wonder-Fiber Arts Friday
Tami's Amis-FO Fridays
Petals to Picots  Fridays Link Party

Comments

  1. Those are very cute. I don't know if I'd have the patience for all of that stitching. Your angels are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Lots of work in those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I visited your blog and enjoyed the post on Halloween books.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the visit and comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Wahoo! Comments are fun. I will always try to check out your blog, shop or website and follow back. I want to support the work and ideas of fellow cyberspace community members.

Popular Posts