Goddess Embellishment-Work in Process

I have been knitting a goddess doll, as I have written previously Knitted Goddess Post 1  and Knitted Goddess Post 2.

The knitting is done!  Here are some finishing touches.


Here she is, still on the needles, waiting for the herb bag to filled.


I went to one of my local herb shops, Misty Meadows.  The farm and herbal center sits on 66 acres in a little town in NH, offering apprentice programs, herbal consultations, celebrations, walking trails and a new labyrinth.

I bought 3 of my favorite herbs: lavender, rosemary and holy basil (or tulsi) to stuff into a muslin bag and place inside the body.  I filled in with sheep's wool.



Next I knitted a tube for the arms, stuffed it and stitched it on.







And here she is!  The original pattern shows some flower-like embroidery.  I knew I wanted a spiral on her belly.


And this is as far as I have gotten.  I will add some more embroidery but I am not sure exactly what yet.




Linked up with:   Work in Progress Wednesday with Tami Amis
Fronteir Dreams Keep Calm on Crafting





Button
Button

Comments

  1. well, look at her now. love her hands over her head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot take credit for the hands over head, it was part of the pattern!

      Delete
  2. she looks lovely! wow. i have sewn a goddess doll, but never knitted one. what a great idea. i really love the spiral on her belly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is from Greenwoman Healing Arts on Etsy and its easy. From what i saw on your blog you could so it!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Oh, she's lovely. I too like the hands over the head but I especially love the spiral. I wonder what kind of other embellishments might manifest...perhaps some lotus chakras :) She's so inviting and surprisingly joyful despite (or perhaps because of) her lack of features. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments! I loved the fairy garden and nature table stuff on your blog!

      Delete
  4. What a great doll! Love the spiral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comments. I love the summer holiday socks on your blog-great yarn!

      Delete
  5. She is so beautiful. Off to check ravelry for a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely creation! Look forward to seeing the finished item :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really neat! I've never seen a godess doll before. Great little lady to have around the house to make you feel amazing! Thanks for linking up at Hookin On Hump Day! http://www.mymerrymessylife.com/2012/08/hookin-on-hump-day-10-link-party-for.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hooking up around blog-world! Thanks for the nice comments!

      Delete
  8. I have to say I think she is the sexiest (in a nice way) knitting I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can almost smell the lovely lavender from here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a test to see if replies go to the commenter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my I love your knitted goddess doll. Wish i could remember how to knit ;) another think i wish to do to add to my list

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Wahoo! Comments are fun. I will always try to check out your blog, shop or website and follow back. I want to support the work and ideas of fellow cyberspace community members.

Popular Posts